A fresh branch of green willow, 15 cm long and 2 cm thick.
1. Cut the other side of the tube bevel. This side will be a mouth piece.
2. Make a gap from 2-3 cm from the top.
3. Cut the bark sharply around the tube approx 5-10 cm from the groove.
4. Remove the bark cover carefully by knocking the tube with the knife and
untwist the bark back and forwards. Don’t break the cover.
5. Cut a small piece of wood between the top and the gap.
6. Widen the gap. The sound of the whistle depends on the size of the gap.
7. Push the tube back into the bark cover and Your willow whistle is ready.