IMPORTANT NOTICE: MARTTIINI IS WILLING TO SELL PRODUCTS TO YOU VIA OUR WEBSITE ONLY IF YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE.
By accessing and using our website, you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions of sale. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of sale, Marttiini will not sell products to you via our website and you may not purchase products through our website. Any purported change to these Terms and Conditions of Sale by you in any additional documentation is hereby expressly rejected.
These Terms and Conditions of Sale are a legal agreement between you, either an individual or authorized representative of a legal entity, and Marttiini applying to the products purchased by you through our website www.Marttiini.fi and our subdomains. The terms, “Marttiini”, “we,” “us” and “our” as used herein refers to Marttiini Oy, Finnish company owned by publicly listed corporation (Rapala VMC Oyj) with a Finnish business ID 0192218-9. Marttiini Oy
REGISTRATION, PASSWORD AND SECURITY
You can purchase our products as a guest, or register your information for future purchases by completing Marttiini’s registration process. Registration is not required to place an order. As part of the registration process you must provide us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the applicable registration form and provide a password and a user name. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, user name and account information, and for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify Marttiini immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We strongly recommend that you log out of our website and close your browser window when your session is completed to help prevent unauthorized people from accessing your password, username or account information. Marttiini will not be liable for any loss that you may incur as a result of someone else using your password, user name or account, either with or without your knowledge. However, you may be held liable for losses incurred by Marttiini or a third party due to someone else using your account or password. You may not use anyone else’s account at any time, without the permission of the account holder and any actions you take using someone else’s account shall be binding upon both you and that account holder. While Marttiini strives to protect the personal information and privacy of its users, your use of our website to transmit or store personally identifiable information is at your own risk.
2. Order Validation and Acceptance. When you place an order, we may verify your method of payment and/or shipping address before processing your order. Your placement of an order with us is an offer to purchase the products on our website. We may accept your order by processing your payment and shipping the product, or may, for any reason decline to accept your order or any part of your order. Marttiini reserves the right to refuse service, reject orders, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders (for example, in the case of suspected fraud) in its sole discretion. Any acknowledgment of your order by us means that your order request has been received; it does not mean that your order has been accepted or shipped, or that the price or availability of an item has been confirmed. No order request shall be considered to be accepted by us until the product has been shipped. If we decline to accept your order, we will attempt to notify you using the email address or other contact information you have provided with your order.
3. Product Updates. Certain products may require software updates to stay current with the available technology. Please check your product description for more information on software updates.
4. Additional Terms. All products, pricing, and promotions offered hereunder are at the sole discretion of Marttiini. Products may be discontinued or changed at any time. We may limit or cancel quantities available for purchase on any order on any basis, and to alter the availability or duration of any special offers at any time. We may, at our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same account, the same credit card, and/or order that use the same billing or shipping address.
5. Electronic Communication. When you place an order though our website, you are required to provide a valid email address and phone number, which we may use to communicate with you, among other ways, regarding the status of an order, advise you regarding shipment of products, and to provide you with other notices, disclosures or other communications relating to your order. You agree that we will not be responsible for any damages you incur, or information you do not receive, as a failure to provide a valid email address and/or phone number.
6. Knife Purchases. By purchasing or ordering any knife you represent that you are 18 years of age or older and agree that you will take full responsibility for compliance with all applicable local and EU laws, regulations and prohibitions and other restrictions.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
1. Pricing and Product Information. We make every effort to provide current and accurate information relating to products and prices, but we do not guarantee the accuracy or any such information. All pricing information is subject to change at any time without notice. In the event we discover a material error in the description or availability of a product that affects your order, or an error in pricing or quantity, we will attempt to notify you of the corrected information and you may choose to accept the corrected information or cancel your order. If Marttiini has charged your credit or debit card but subsequently cancelled your order, Marttiini will promptly issue a credit to your credit or debit card account for the amount charged.
The product price is the price displayed for the item on the Service at the time of ordering.
Delivery charges are additional to the product price. If the delivery includes many different products, which have various delivery times, the deliveries will be combined into one shipment and it will be sent when all the products are ready for delivery.
The delivery prices are fixed irrespective of the size of the shipment; the price will differ, however, depending on the delivery country
2. Responsibility for Shipping Charges, Taxes and Duties. The product prices displayed on our website are inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) you need to pay. All prices displayed are exclusive of shipping rates to be paid by you. For details on shipping see SHIPPING/DELIVERY below. It is your responsibility to complete any local taxes or duties required due to the purchase and delivery of our products to you.
3. Prices. Prices are, and all payments shall be made, in Euros (EUR)
4. Payment. To the extent that a balance is due to us after use of any available gift cards, merchandise credits, or merchandise allotments payments to us will be made by credit or debit card or such other payment method as may be made available from time to time. You agree to pay the amount specified, including any applicable sales or other taxes, and shipping and handling charges and surcharges. No discounts, quantity entitlements, or promotions apply unless expressly specified for the transaction. Orders will be processed and shipped pending credit card authorization.
5. Gift Cards and Gift Certificates. All gift cards, e-gift cards and other gift certificates are deemed purchased in and issued from Finland. The risk of loss and title to such items passes to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission to the recipient or delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable.
Read also: Marttiini Shop FAQ
Our website is controlled, operated, and administered by Marttiini from its offices within Finland. The delivery time of the products will depend on each product. The delivery time will depend on the availability of the product and the shipping destination. The products are shipped from the factory within a week after the confirmation of the order. If the product is temporarily sold out, the service will mention that the product is not available. The final delivery time will depend on the shipping destination and the shipping schedules of the post.
Marttiini shall not be liable for delays in performing or failure to perform according to this Agreement or failure to fulfil any obligations hereunder, which are directly attributable to causes beyond Marttiini’s reasonable control (force majeur), including, but not limited to, acts of God, fires, strikes, labor disputes, war, acts or interventions by any governmental authority, failure of a common carrier, supplier, hardware, software, browser, or communications equipment, or network failure, congestion, or malfunction.
If the order includes many different products with different delivery times, the orders will be combined in one delivery and sent when all the products are ready.
Marttiini takes responsibility over the loss and damage of the product that has occurred during the delivery.
When ordering you need to be aware of customs risks associated with certain types of knives as you are considered the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the country in which you are receiving the goods. This is why it is important to be aware of the knife laws of your country or province. We will do everything we can to make sure your item reaches you, but Marttiini is not responsible for orders delayed, seized or refused by your customs service. This is a responsibility and risk you agree to when you order.
Marttiini will not falsify package contents or value on customs forms. Customs forms for all international packages list the value of your order's contents by product type.
If the User notices that the package is damaged before opening it, please inform the party who delivered it. If the User has opened the package before seeing the damage, please inform Marttiini’s customer service. When the User returns products that do not have any damage, please note that the User shall be responsible for the damage that may occur while the product is in sent back to Marttiini.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that Marttiini retains all right, title and interest in all intellectual property rights in and to the products.
LIMITED WARRANTIES, EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES, DISCLAIMERS, LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
Marttiini’s limited warranties and your exclusive remedies for specific products are set forth on Marttiini’s Warranty Information page.
Except as set forth on Marttiini’s warranty information page, all products are sold on an "as is" basis without any warranties at all. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, Marttiini disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, whether written or oral, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement and warranties arising from a course of dealing, course of performance or trade usage.
In the limits of applicable laws in no event shall Marttiini be liable for damages arising as a result of any delay by Marttiini under these Terms and Conditions of Sale. In no event shall Marttiini be liable, as a result of selling a product hereunder or under these Terms and Conditions of Sale, for consequential, incidental, special, punitive, treble or exemplary damages or other similar damages regardless of the cause of action and regardless of whether Marttiini knew of the likelihood of such damages. Marttiini’s aggregate liability under or relating to these Terms and Conditions of Sale will be no more than the amount you paid for the product that is the subject of a claim.
For the most comprehensive return policy information, please consult our Returns and Exchanges policy.
If your return no longer qualifies you for the same quantity discounts and/or free promotional item provided by the value of your original order, you will be charged back for such discounts, and you will be required to return your free promotional item. If you do not return your free item, your original payment method will be used to charge you for the value of the promotional item.
If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions of Sale, the products, your order or you wish to obtain additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.